E-Bike Kit electric power kit overview
This kit is for anyone wanting the best of the best in performance, efficiency, weight and stealth. There is a 300lb total load limit so if you plan on more than that, look to a direct-drive motor.
Wheel size: 26", 700C/29er, 20", 24", 16"
Freewheel: 7-speed, 9-speed (+$50), 1-speed (with spacer), 6-speed
E-BikeKit™ Rear 500-1000w Geared Hub Motor Conversion Kit
The E-BikeKit 500-1000w geared conversion kit is powered by an internal 5:1 planetary gear hub motor with clutch. The clutch in the geared motor offers zero drag when pedaling and not engaging battery power. This motor is more efficient, resulting in increased range (especially with "start/stop" riding), has more starting torque, and has greater hill-climbing ability than a Direct-Drive motor of equal power rating. The motor is also smaller in diameter for increased stealth and 3.4lbs lighter than the 500w direct-drive.
Who's it for? This kit is for anyone wanting the best of the best in performance, efficiency, weight and stealth. There is a 300lb total load limit so if you plan on more than that, look to a direct-drive motor.
Conversion Kit Specs:
- Watts (Nominal/Peak): 500-1000w (EBK 22amp controller)
- Top Speed: Approx. 20 MPH @36v in 26" wheel / Approx. 28 MPH @48v in 26" wheel
- Range: Depends on battery capacity(AH), total load, rider input and terrain
- Performance: High
- Efficiency: High
- Stealth Factor: High
*Total load, rider input and terrain contingent.
Battery and charger: Not Included.
Any battery chemistry (Li-ion, LiFePO4, Lithium Manganese, Lead-Acid, etc.) is acceptable, as long as the voltage is 36v or 48v AND the battery is capable of 22Amp continuous discharge. The Amp Hour (AH) battery specification is an indication of a battery's capacity. A battery capacity of 10ah will typically deliver 20 miles / 32kms range.
Choosing Your Wheel Size: You can find your wheel size written on your tire. Available size options for this conversion kit are: 16", 20", 24", 26", 700c & 29er. Acceptable tire widths for the E-BikeKit rims: 1.15"(29mm) - 2.25"(57mm).
Every E-BikeKit conversion kit comes with all of the parts you'll need for your conversion.
- 1 x USA hand-built wheel w/ disc-brake compatible hub motor
- 1 x 36/48V compatible 22amp 12FET brushless motor controller
- 1 x LCD dashboard with on/off, battery indicator & 5-level top speed control
- 2 x Throttles (1 Thumb & 1 Split-Twist)
- 2 x E-Brake handles (left & right)
- 1 x Motor cable
- 1 x Accessory cable
- 1 x Battery wire harness (kits w/o batteries only)
- 1 x 7-Speed Shimano Freewheel (rears only)
- 1 x Owner's manual w/ installation guide
***Zip Ties, c-washers & torque arms in every kit!
Battery Options (not included in kit)
High performance li-ion electric bike battery from AllCell USA.
- Li-ion 36v 10ah Battery - $664.00
- Li-ion 36v 15ah Battery - $786.00
- Li-ion 48v 13ah Battery - $846.00
- Li-ion 36v 20ah Battery - $986.00
- Li-ion 48v 20ah Battery - $1,216.00
SLA (sealed lead acid)
Professionally built SLA battery pack.
- SLA 36v 9ah Battery - $224.00
- SLA 48v 9ah Battery - $292.00
- SLA 36v 12ah Battery - $264.00