Faraday Cortland S
All the power and style you expect from Faraday in a more affordable package. The Cortland S features steel fenders, Duracork grips, mechanical disc brakes, an efficient chain drive, and 8-speed derailleur, making it great for zipping wherever you need to go.
The Cortland S is available in Classic White and Slate Grey. It’s also available in Small or Medium. See sizing chart below in Tech Specs.
“I’ve had my new Cortland S for a bit over a week now, and it’s already changing how I exercise and travel — for example, I wanted to get a U-lock that would optimally fit in the slot for that in the Faraday rear rack, so I just rode my bike to my local REI store to do that. Downhill quite a bit. In the rain. What a pleasure! I used to just refuse to bike in any kind of rain — and I live in the Seattle area — but now I’m buying myself some bike-specific raingear.
“Trying to decide if I really want to get rid of my 224-speed hybrid bike now, so I rode it a bit, then the same route with the Cortland without electric assist, then a third time with electric assist. Was happy that even with just 8-speeds, the Cortland was close to “as good” as the hybrid, even though it’s lowest gear isn’t quite as low. I don’t want to jump to any definite conclusions this early on, but so far I am really loving this, and find that I don’t carefully think of routes that avoid painful hills anymore (if anything, the contrary).”
~Brian Lewis, Mar 27, 2017
Faraday Cortland S Features
A new level of comfort
A durable steel frame that’s easy to mount makes this bike ideal for a child seat on the back or groceries in your front rack.
Smile more, sweat less
A powerful 250W motor and our custom lithium ion battery deliver 25 miles of power-assisted riding on a single charge.
Arrive in style
A light weight city style electric bike that draws on classic styles and geometry but delivers good comfort and handling. With sleek lines and a choice of elegant colors, the Cortland makes sure you and your bike always look good.
Take the family for a ride
By making it easier to mount and adding a Yepp-seat compatible rear rack we’ve created a family-cruising machine.
Ride safe, ride more
Our built-in LED headlight and taillight make sure you’re visible whenever you ride.
Lightweight and Ready to Roll
Like our classic Porteur, the Cortland weighs in under 40 pounds and rides like a dream even when the power is off.
Faraday Cortland S Size and Geometry
The Cortland’s wide, swept-back bars are designed to place the rider in a comfortable, upright position that’s easy on the back and provides great visibility of cars and other cyclists around you.
The chart offers a guide for which Cortland is right for you. While height is a good indicator of size, we also recommend measuring your inseam from the floor up, while wearing shoes, and comparing that to the “Standover” height in the chart. Simply 1 inch of space between your inseam and the crossbar will make for a comfortable fit. If you’re still not sure, head down to a local dealer to give it a try, or give us a call at 415-834-5860.
Faraday Cortland Specs
Lightweight and remarkably smooth, the Cortland blurs the lines between “electric” and “bicycle,” showing the world that great design and the power of electric aren’t mutually exclusive.
- Weight: 40 lbs
- Range: 20 miles per charge
- Top Speed: 20 mph
- Frame: Custom chromoly steel Cortland frame
- Fork: Custom chromoly steel fork
- Saddle: Faraday Comfort Saddle
- Brakes: Promax DSK-300R Mechanical Disc Brake
- Stem: Faraday Forged 6061 Aluminum, Ahead-Style
- Headset: Prestine Sealed Bearing, 1 1/8", Threadless
- Grips: Faraday Dura-Cork Ergonomic
- Handlebar: Faraday 6061 Aluminum, 25.4
- Pedals: VP Touring, Aluminum
- Gearing: Shimano Altus, 8-speed Derailleur, Chain Drive
- Shifting: Shimano Revo-Shift, 8-Speed
- Crankset: Faraday Forged Aluminum
- Chainguard: Faraday custom chainring guard
Tires and Trim
- Kickstand: Nuvo Aluminum Kickstand
- Fenders: Faraday Steel, Stainless Hardware
- Rims: Faraday Double-Wall Disc-Only Rims, 36-spoke
- Tires: Chao Yang H-481, 26 x 1.75″ w/Puncture Protection
- Motor: Bafang 250W (350W peak) geared front hub motor
- Battery: Faraday Lithium-Ion, 43V, 306Wh
- Pedal sensor: TDCM TS3 12V Torque Sensor
- Control: Faraday Mode Selector w/ E-Ink Fuel Gauge
- Front Light: Faraday Integrated, Cree LED, 350 Lumen
- Rear Light: Integrated rear LED taillight
- Charging: Faraday standard 2A charger (110V-240V, 3hr. charge time)